Project Esperanza is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving lives and creating positive change in impoverished communities throughout Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. We work primarily with the Haitian immigrant population both in bateyes (a town where sugar plantation workers traditionally live) and in the city. It is often difficult for these families to obtain necessary transportation, paperwork, and other means to acquire an education or find employment. Project Esperanza runs two grassroots schools, a home for Haitian boys searching for a better life, and a local soccer team. In addition, Project Esperanza operates a volunteer hostel/English education center and an art shop, both of which are self-sustainable and generate local jobs, volunteer and educational opportunities, and empower the community.
June 2017 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- hey @wyclef check out how we're helping haitian schools projectesperanza.wordpress.com 5 years ago
- new blogpost, new fundraising competition, help schools in dominican republic, check it all out here: projectesperanza.wordpress.com 5 years ago
- this holiday season, give the gift of education www2.guidestar.org/organizations/… 5 years ago
- give the gift of #education www2.guidestar.org/organizations/… #haiti #dominicanrepublic #poverty 5 years ago
- holidays are for giving, help schools in dominican republic www2.guidestar.org/organizations/… 5 years ago